Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thing 14 - not that delicious

I am on the fence on how I feel about delicious.com.   Being told to just add was not something I enjoyed, since I could not think of anything to add.  I tried looking for links, but I was not inspired.  I did put in some generic links and added in some stuff from my folders on my personal computer (here is my delicious page: http://www.delicious.com/msbeem.  What I do like about delicious is the tagging aspect.  I like being able to add tags so I know all the uses of the link and why I actually tagged it in the first place.  However, I prefer using Google to search and maybe just add to delicious.  
I think the longer I play with delicious and add/tag, the more I will come to like it.  I can see great potential for it with education.  Using delicious to add/tag educational websites and articles I stumbleupon could help students and other teachers locate resources they might be interested in.  It is a great way to share resources instead of trying to remember that website to other teachers, or tell your students about all the great websites out there.  Add/tag them, so anyone can come to your page and see what you are reading/into these days.   I also like the choice of making some links private, so I can keep up with links that are associated with my personal life that my colleagues or students may not be interested in.  I think the more I play with delicious.com and use it both at home and work, the more I am sure it will grow on me.  Right now, it is okay...

2 comments:

  1. I'm just getting used to the Delicious site as well. I do like how I can decide what is public and private. I have many personal links on my Delicious site that other would not be interested in. I added several math and social studies links to my Delicious site that I use on a regular basis. I also searched link in Delicious that were already tagged by others and it made my "8th Grade Geometry" search go faster as sites helpful/relevant sites were already tagged by others. It's growing on me. Still need to get used to sharing my bookmarks with fellow teachers on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about the aspect of have being able to find my favorites from any computer because I tend to forget websites I just found and usually I'm somewhere else. But I'm with you about finding things to add to delicious. Right now I only have one site on there but I plan on adding more down the road.

    ReplyDelete